On October 24, 2018, an advocacy conference was held in Kabul with the Ministry of Education (MoEd), the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and the Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA). The objective of the conference was to share with national level institution specific advocacy issues and problems related to health, education and the implementation of NAP 1325 identified by the National Advocacy Committee for Public Policy (NAC-PP) and Provincial Advocacy Committees (PACs) in Balkh, Daikundi, Herat, Nangarhar and Takhar provinces.
The joint advocacy conference was hosted by Afghanistan Public Policy Research Organization (APPRO), Secretariat of NAC-PP, Peace Training and Research Organization (PTRO) and Oxfam Novib.
60 participants attended the conference, including NAC-PP members, PAC members from Balkh, Takhar, Daikundi, Nangarhar and Herat provinces, the General Director of Policy and Planning of the Ministry of Public Health, the Director for Program and Donor Coordination of the Ministry of Education, the Director of the M&E Department at the Ministry of Women Affairs, the Gender and Youth Advisor to the Executive Office, and representatives of national and international NGOs.
The Conference was sequenced as follows:
- Presentation of objectives and achievements of NAC-PP
- Presentation by PACs of advocacy points related to the education sector
- Responses and position of MoEd regarding issues presented by PACs
- Presentation of advocacy points related to the health sector
- Responses of MoPH regarding issues presented by PACS
- Presentation by PACS of advocacy points related to the implementation of NAP 1325 and commitments on women’s rights
- Responses and positions of MoWA and the Gender and Youth Advisor to the Executive Office.
The full report of the event and its proceedings are available here