A coordination meeting of National Advocacy Committee for Public Policy (NAC-PP) and Provincial Advocacy Committees (PACs) was held on June 25, 2018, at APPRO main office, Kabul. The objective of the meeting was to report progress on advocacy efforts at the national and provincial level as well as coordinating and prioritizing future advocacy issues to be carried out at the national level. In this meeting the National Advocacy Committee (NAC-PP) and provincial Advocacy Committees (PACs) presented and discussed their annual advocacy activities.
The event was organized by Afghanistan Public Policy Research Organization (APPRO), Secretariat of NAC-PP, following the advocacy meetings carried out by National Advocacy Committee at the national level with ministries of education and health.
The event was sequenced as follow:
- Presentation of NAC-PP mandates, vision, mission, and structure
- Presentation of NAC-PP achievements to date and ways forward
- Presentation of the Balkh advocacy committee
- Presentation of the Takhar advocacy Committee
- Presentation of the Daikundi advocacy committee
- Presentation of the Nangarhar advocacy committee
- Presentation of the Herat advocacy committee
- Group work for identifying problems that need for advocacy with relevant government organs in national level
The full report of the event and its proceedings is available here