On October 12, 2017, the National Advocacy Committee for Public Policy (NAC-PP) held a conference to introduce NAC-PP’s objectives and strategy, and discuss ways forward with stakeholders from civil society, and the international community. The event was organized by Afghanistan Public Policy Research Organization (APPRO), the Secretariat of NAC-PP, following expressions of interest by Afghan civil society in the initiative.
60 participants attended the event, including representatives from Afghan civil society organizations (CSOs), academia, the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA), International Non- Governmental Organizations (INGOs), international donors, and current members of NAC-PP and its provincial branches in Daikundi and Balkh.
The event was sequenced as follows:
- Introduction and presentation of NAC-PP (APPRO)
- Discussion and Recommendations
- Presentation on achievements to date and ways forward (APPRO; Oxfam)
- Review of Sub-committees’ mandates and action plans (Group Work)
- Election of Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson
The event also offered the opportunity for CSOs members to apply for membership of NAC-PP and its sub-committees.
The full report of proceedings is available on NAC-PP’s Reports page here.